Basic help importing drawing and cutting edge

It does redraw after each change, it’s true, and the wider you go, the more work it has to do with merging the intersections, so it can take longer. I could have a single-click version that measured the size of the selection, picked a number that it thought would work, and ran both offsets non-interactive. Might be worth a shot to see what it ends up like.

Either way I appreciate the help - this is a big time savings versus fighting with inkscape

If you’re good with Inkscape, maybe this may help: GitHub - fablabnbg/inkscape-centerline-trace: A bitmap vectorizer that can trace along the centerline of a stroke. The builtin inkscape 'trace bitmap' can only trace edges, thus resulting in double lines for most basic use cases. It uses 'autotrace -centerline' and an optimal threshold to vectorize a pixel image.

Centreline trace, makes one line instead of two.

Thanks for the recommendation, I saw that extension and got it working in Inkscape and had some luck with certain pictures, not so much with others. So far Lightburn seems to do a good job and if I can do it all within one program without all the headaches of multiple pieces of software I will be happy.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.