Basic node editing question

1. Create a box.
  2. Convert to path.
  3. Break the nodes at top left corner and bottom right corner. Result - 2 paths.

How do you re-connect or weld the verts back together? Close path doesn’t seem to do it. Nor can I find a way to get them to reconnect. I don’t see a weld or join node/vert function.

Thanks.

Try ‘Auto-Join selected shapes’. :slight_smile:

Close path only works when the path is open at a single joint.

Rick has shown one method.

Another option is to drag one node on top of the other. When done correctly they will join.

Note that both shapes may need to be on the same layer for this to work correctly.

1 Like

I just move one wire end over top the other. My eyes require I zoom in for a better view. I find it is a little touchy getting it right, but it works. I suspect the node marker changes color, but I am not sure.

The node should snap closed. You’ll see your cursor change from an X to a + when you are in the right place and it should snap into place.

Also back in 1.0.03 they added a feature where if you hold ALT it increases the snap distance 3x and that seems to work for dragging nodes as well on my quick test.

Note I’m holding ALT here and you can see the cursor change when I get close to the other node.

Snap Close Path

1 Like

Thanks for the tips. After some experimenting, it seems that I didn’t have snap to object turned on. Once i did that, the auto-weld seemed to work.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.