Benchtop CO2 with 20" x 30" (500x750) (ish) bed?

I’m considering adding a CO2 but I need something I can get down a flight of stairs without a rigging crew and still have a reasonable bed size. Anybody know offhand of a few decent options?

That’s pretty much what you’re stuck with, because big laser machines require plenty of metal braces to stiffen their axes.

A bunch of ordinary (albeit muscular) movers got my 700x500 machine into the basement after I removed the four bolts holding the cabinet to the stand.

I have no idea how much each piece weighed, but they thought the cabinet weighed much less than the clothes washer they also moved. :grin:

If you really want light weight, you’re deep into DIY territory with something like a Lasersaur or OpenBuilds, both of which require deep interest in (and time for) building, rather than using.

Chris, we were 2 men to knock down my 400x600 in the basement/workshop. The weight difference to a 500x700 is not much, but physically it is bigger than my doorway.
Find a few friends and a few beers and you’ll move the world.

1 Like

A youtube video I watched, the guy and his wife took the top half of the machine apart and moved each half through the door, then reassembled it…

That always seems an issue when things get larger than the normal furnishings in a home…

Good luck

:smile_cat:

I was mostly concerned about the weight, but size is definitely a limiting factor as well. I have 36" exterior doors but I can’t remember the width of my basement steps. Probably around 36" as well. I know years ago we got a sectional sofa down there and an old CRT rear projector.

Sounds like I was grossly overestimating the weight of a free-standing machine and I had NO idea some could even easily be split in half.

… It’s probably just as hassle :wink:
No, the weight (up to a certain size) is not the main problem, they are the dimension. After my staircase, a door comes directly 90 degree to the left …

Hmm… Suddenly a respectable size machine seems more do-able. Thanks, gentlemen! Now…where to find a bunch of money? :grin:

…how about selling some of what you make with your old laser? :wink: