Big Laser Problem

Hello,
I dipped the motor cable and now the Z axis works again.
Apparently a broken cable.
Please check ALL connections on the machine.
Some are only held in place by the hot glue and come loose due to the vibrations.

I have a chinese red/black laser with ruida controller connected to a laptop via usb. If i turn on the laser while connected to the laptop the x axis goes crazy and behaves like the stepper motor is fighting to go in both directions at onceā€¦horrible noises. I found the cure to be to disconnect the usb from the laptop until both the laser and the laptop have booted/homed etc. and I have lightburn running. Then I plug in the usb and all is well. Itā€™s as if the ruida controller is getting garbage signals from the laptop while things are initialising.

Hope this helps.

My adviceā€¦is go to your bank or whichever you used to pay for the laser. Explain it is a defective machine and the seller is not offering their warranty or any technical advice which may have overcome the problems I have encountered. State that you request a full refundā€¦including all costs paid for to ship it to you and a prepaid returns label for a carrier to return to an address of their choosing. Goods are defective, do not function as advertised and no assistance or explanation or offer of replacement working item as orderedā€¦from the seller to date.

I would text them again and let them know that if there going to keep putting you off you will file an agreements with BBB
Better Business bureau. And a fraud claim with your banking account.

I have now been able to come to an agreement with OMTech.
I was allowed to change the cable on the motor without losing the warranty and also received a replacement motor for security.

Itā€™s just annoying that communication with support is so slow.
What I noticed was that the replies here always arrived at exactly 10 a.m. CET to the minute, but thatā€™s a different topic.
Since the cable was replaced, the laser has worked without any problems.

1 Like

Itā€™s good to hear that you have it up and running again.
I know no one wants to be threatened with the report to the BBB but sometimes you have no choice.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.