Billet aluminum camera housing

Finished the aluminum housing for my 8mp camera. I am working on the base design…just not sure how I want to attached it to my laser.

6 Likes

So Jordon - can you tell me what would be the best camera and housing to get for my Thunder Laser - Nova 51? Got your email from the forums

Trace Calverley

I am not that familiar with Thunder Lasers but from the description it is similar in size to my laser. I went with the 95deg 8MP camera for my machine it provides good coverage of the cut bed. I recommend you use the camera lens calculator to be sure which one is right for your machine.

As for housings you need to roll your own. I made mine from aluminum but there are many examples of housings you can make using a 3D printer or a laser cutter.

1 Like

no thrill like overkill… that’s awesome!!!

1 Like

@JordanMachine

Do you sell the case? I want to buy one

You can support your laser materials habit with the sales LOL :joy:

Cheers

Sasquatch

Sure, I would be willing to make you one. My machine queue is full right now so it maybe be a couple weeks before I can make one for you.

$75 for the housing and mount.

I am guessing this is probably a little on the high side but I really hadn’t planned to make these for sale so my CAM files are not optimized for cost. If there is enough interest I could revisit the design and drive out some of the machine time required to make these things.

Jordan Machine and Laser LLC
Wayne Rademacher
23310 Drexel Ave
Jordan MN, 55352

Thank you for your reply, timing will work out. Our machine is coming in a couple of weeks. I will reach out to you after that.

Do you have a photo of the mount you can post.

Cheers

Sasquatch