Boolean Subtract bug?

Good day folks. I’m not sure if this is a bug in 1.6.00, a setting that may have been added or defaulted in a different manner within LB, or an issue with my machine. Never did this before.

Boolean subtract - previously I would simply click the red outer circle, hit shift or ctrl, select the black inner rectangle, hit Boolean subtract, and LB would remove the outermost ends of these black rectangles. Now it’s removing only 12, 3, 6, 9 o-clock positions fully as expected, the partially on a few, then not at all on the others. I have to then ungroup all the black rectangles, and manually select the ends to delete them.

Any thoughts?

Here’s a video showing exactly the steps I take and the end result.

Boolean Subtract

Upload that file so I can take a look at it. I think I see the issue but want to be sure.

testfile.lbrn2 (33.8 KB)

That file is after the subtract. I want to see it before, with the problem present.

i just replaced that file with a test file. does the exact same thing.

The file you uploaded has the subtract process already applied to it. Therefore I cannot see the problem. I want to see the file with your outer circle and all other pieces in place before the boolean operation.

the link above as stated previously was replaced with the test file you’re looking for. I just downloaded it and opened from that link above and it is the unmolested file that has not had the subtract process done

Open the file above, click the outer red circle, shift click the black rectangle, then boolean subtract

Sorry, I misunderstood that you replaced it in the post. I thought it was still the first one. Anyway, your problem is as I expected. Your rectangles aren’t all crossing the line of the circle. If you zoom in you can see the issue. Either extend your rectangles past the circle or reduce the size of the circle and it will work properly.

Stretched rectangles.

Correct subtract.
Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 5.18.15 PM

2 Likes

as suspected, my own stupidity. thank you for your time Tim

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.