>> Boolean This! <<

Friends,
How would you go about boolean this purple segment on top of the the traced pcb which its lines are not a closed shape? Must I do this in couple of steps or there’s a way to do this in one step? i need to remove the pcb traced lines beneath before scan filling the purple shapes.

Cheers.

There are a few different ways to do this, but I might start here: Cut Shapes Tool - LightBurn Software Documentation

Thanks,
No matter how i select my shapes and cutting tool - Cut Shapes function is grayed out. will try some more.

Hi Squid, throw the file up here or PM, I’ll try if I can handle it.

As @bernd.dk suggests, show us. :wink: What you are trying, step-by-step workflow? Help us to “see” what you do, and we might have some ideas. The most common issue, the ‘Cut Shapes’ must use a single, closed shape as your ‘cutter shape’.

Thanks Mate.
File attached. i played with grouping and ungrouping the shapes, i did managed once to see the cut shapes function available (not grayed out) but then lost it again and couldn’t cut these shapes as desired.
CutShapes.lbrn (418.5 KB)

Cheers

Hi Rick,
My Seven segment (number 4) - each element is a closed loop (i think… it should be… will double check). can it be that i have select all 4 elements as one shape and that’s the reason it did not work? i did group the 4 shape. maybe i should cut each individual elements of the seven segments?..

I have attached a new file. i think that in the file i sent the 4 is one shape.
in the attached file the 4 has 4 elements as seperated segments/shapes.

CutShapes.lbrn (390.6 KB)

The problem is that your cut shape is actually a shape inside a shape… the outer part of the 4 and the inner triangle.
I converted the 4 to a path and duplicated it (because the cutter shape is discarded) then I selected the traces and the inner part of the 4 and did a cut, then the same with the outer part.

@Hank , I will see your awesomeness and raise you an offset border. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I duplicated the shapes on fill layer #25, then moved them to the T1 layer. I selected all shapes on line layer # 27 and made into a single ‘Group’. I then select the layer #27 group first, then one of the new duplicates shapes from the T1 layer and choose ‘Tools’→’Cut Shapes’. Rinse and repeat to cut all four. I then moved the resulting “punch-outs” left from this cutting action on layer #02 for your review. :slight_smile:

CutShapes-1_ricoEDIT_01.lbrn (463.9 KB)

1 Like

Well done Rick!
Let me see if i can duplicated your workflow. it’s 1am over here so i might fall asleep while trying… I have this bug which T1 and T2 are labled as 30 and 31. hopefully it will work the same here.

Many thanks!

Oh and yes, add the offset border as @Stroonzo suggests for a cleaner look.

What version of LightBurn?

Cut shapes can be on any layer. I place there as part of my personal workflow, that’s all.

1 Like

@Hank

I am running latest 1.0.02. i’ve reported this T1 T2 issue to adam.

Much Obliged mates.
With your permission i will quit for tonight and try this out in few hours time.

Cheers.

1 Like

…I’m too late again… :confounded:

2 Likes

Last but not least!
You guys are awesome.
Thanks a bunch.

Must sleep now.
Cheers.

Haha… trying to figure out why everybody else’s looks different than mine… is cuz I don’t have that font installed so it substituted something else for the 7 segment font. duh.

øøø… there is no font in this task only shapes :star_struck:

Hey now, don’t be messin’ with my head! :smiley:
The file in post 5 contains a font “7 segment”
The file in post 7 is just shapes.

I had to go back and look to make sure I wasn’t totally crazy. (just mostly)