Boss HP3655 with some issues

I just got a Boss HP3655 set up and have been testing different materials and settings. There are a few issues that I’ve got so far:

When I connect the machine to my computer with a USB cable, the software and computer cannot find the machine. I’ve tried downloading the Boss LaserCAD software and haven’t had any success. This isn’t a terrible issue (that I can tell) since I just transfer files with a USB drive.

I am having issues with thicker plastics/foams (0.5in and 0.75in) ending up with a large kerf, and I think that there should be a way to move the Z axis after each pass. I have the machine set up in Light Burn as a Torcen-AWC controller but I’m not seeing any option to turn on the Z axis movements.

Run the installer for LaserCAD again, and this time click the drop-down and choose to install the USB driver. That should fix the connection issue.

Trocen controllers do not have the ability to move the Z axis within a running job like some other controllers do, which is why you don’t have those options.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.