Box with compartments and finger joints

My laser is on the way! :partying_face: Until it arrives, I am already preparing smaller projects. The test sheets were of course the first.

Now I would like to draw / make a pill box. I know that there are various box generators online and have already tried several. And yes, I also found one where I can generate a sliding lid the way I want it.

BUT: I would like to have a total of 7 compartments in the box. I would prefer to attach these walls with finger joints, just like all the other connections, in the walls. But I can not find a generator that offer this. So then remains really only the possibility of gluing the walls inside? Or to learn the operation of Fusion 360 to draw it myself?
Does anyone have an idea how else I can implement this?
Thank you!

Maybe I’m not understanding your particular need that’s not satisfied with the exiting box generators.

Can you review this one and see if it’s close to what you’re looking for? It uses finger joints for all interior walls.

Boxes - TypeTray (festi.info)

While learning F360 is a perfectly viable option I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t design this as flat items in LightBurn. It would require a little bit of abstract thinking and planning but you could just draw the individual pieces in LightBurn.

Alternatively you could use a box generator to get very close to what you need and then modify the design in LightBurn.

Take a look at this post I made earlier for an idea on how handle the finger portion more dynamically if required.

1 Like

… Why I was dissatisfied with it?
… Because it didn’t occur to me to modify a typesetting box for my idea… :see_no_evil:
Man… I’m really mega sorry and thanks for the tip! :sweat_smile: I’m trying to fiddle with the settings to have it exactly the way I need it. But I think that will work!

The only thing you got be sorry about is not being here sooner… :crazy_face:

We all learn here, learning and helping others. Just read up and use the search tools.

If you’re going to make interlocking things make sure you read up on kerf setting.

Good luck.

:smile_cat: