Bug in display scaling

There is a bug in the display scaling code.

I have a setup using an external monitor on a laptop. If I start the laptop (Windows Surface) without the external monitor attached, lightburn scales the text and input fields incorrectly when I run it on my external monitor.

The surface display has a very fine pitch and I have it set to 200%. The external display has a normal pixel pitch and it’s at 100%.

If I reboot the machine and start with the external display attached I don’t see this bug.

We are aware of certain scaling issues with High DPI screens, and we’re unfortunately limited by the framework LightBurn is built in as to how much we can fix. When LightBurn is moved up to a newer version of this framework we will be able to address these issues, but that comes at a cost of dropping support for older PC’s and other issues - it’s non-trivial to do this.

You may have some luck overriding the scaling settings from the app properties (right click LightBurn.exe)

It only occurs under very specific, and for me rare, circumstances.

I appreciate the tip though on how to override the settings.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.