Bug - priority on multiple objects

With a set of objects with differing priority, selecting the set of objects will show ‘multi’ in Shape Properties. I would expect changing ‘multi’ to 0, or any single number priority would update the individual objects to all have that priority. The input box ‘accepts’ the 0, but the priority of the individual objects doesn’t change.

(also, I swear I really like LB, even though it seems like I do nothing but pick out it’s faults! :slight_smile:)

1 Like

Can’t reproduce this on 1.1.03 on W11. I get the multi, input 0, check the individual objects, and they show as 0.

Are there specific circumstances required to get this to occur?

Not that I can tell. Steps to reproduce in a new file for me are:

• create multiple shapes (I created 4 for this example)
  • set different priority for each individual object (0, 1, 2, 0)
  • select all objects - Shape Properties/Cut Order Priority shows ‘multi’
  • set priority to 0, press enter to confirm (priority shows as 0)
  • deselect set of objects, select individual object
  • priority shows as original ‘differing’ priority, not zero

Ah, further testing shows - the bug only occurs if there is more than one object with the priority you’re trying to set. For example, with my set of 0, 1, 2, 0 priorities, I was trying to set all to 0. This fails. If I set the 0, 1, 2, 0 group to 1, the priorities all update.

Confirmed… if there are 2 objects with the same priority (ex. 2) and others with a different priority I cannot set to 2.

Weird.

1 Like

While working on repeating this… I took a side tangent in my exploration.

I drew six shapes and arbitrarily assigned Cut Order Priority numbers Zero through Eight. Two shapes were assigned priority zero - Two shapes were assigned priority two. Probably not important but documenting / disclosing.

I then selected all the shapes and “Multi” displayed in the Cut Order Priority box.

I clicked the ‘locked’ switch in the Shape Properties Window and clicked it back and the 6 shapes accepted the Cut Order Priority that I chose. I believe that the locked button allows or disallows changes to the Shape Properties but I’m still exploring.

In my mind the negative state of the Locked switch should be Unlocked so, my perception is that the reassignment of multi to a number should take. This is very interesting. I’m going to explore further before reporting.

This gets more and more fun. After arbitrarily reassigning the Cut Order Priority values I decided to lock one of the the shapes when it was set at Cut Order Priority = 2.

I selected all the shapes and the Shape Properties Window showed “Multi” in the Cut Order Priority box. The locked switch showed a new format - a square with a dot in the middle. I hovered over it and it showed ‘Prevents movements or other changes to this shape’. I clicked it - It unlocked - and the switch changed back to its prior slider format and it was green/on

One more time. After arbitrarily reassigning the Cut Order Priority values I decided to lock one of the the shapes when it was set at Cut Order Priority = 2.

I selected all the shapes and the Shape Properties Window showed “Multi” in the Cut Order Priority box. The locked switch showed a new format - a square with a dot in the middle. Without selecting the switch I changed the Cut Order Priority from ‘Multi’ to zero ‘0’. All six shapes changed to priority zero. Including the locked one. Further, the Cut Order Priority of the locked shape had changed but it’s locked status did not.

1 Like

Thanks to all for reporting and tracking this down. Team is working to sort, and we will update this post with further details shortly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.