Bug: Ramp settings still broken in 1.3.01; worked last in 1.2.01

This issue I reported on Oct 29, 2022 appears to still exist in MacOS 1.3.01 at least in the Preview mode. Layer > Advanced > Ramp Length value is ignored unless Ramp Outer Edge is also enabled.

To reproduce: (1) Import artwork. (2) Assign layer. (3) Set layer to Fill, then in Advanced set Ramp Length to 0.24 (or anything) (4) Preview with Shade According to Power enabled.
Expected result: There is a soft grey line between areas of etching and not
Actual result: No visual or actual gcode to use reduced laser power between areas of etching and not
Affects: Ability to burn functional rubber stamps

Can I get anyone to acknowledge this?

This is working for me.

Have you enabled “Fill shapes individually” in cut settings?

Are you working in mm or inches? This is with a 1mm ramp.

Thank you for the guidance. I was using Fill All Shapes At Once, as it had been working in numerous earlier versions, but apparently Fill Groups Together or Fill Shapes Individually is necessary AFTER 1.2.01. For rubber stamps I use a .24mm ramp, which I can now visible see in the preview.

Is there a reason why ramps would/should be non-functional if Fill All Shapes At Once is selected? It seems an odd correlation.

I was curious about this myself. I’m not certain but I speculate it’s because you wouldn’t want ramp logic to be applied across 2 unrelated sets of shapes. For example, if you had an array of stamps being printed at once. Again, purely speculating.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.