BUG? SculpFun S9 - Limit Switches rear right with HOMING_FORCE_SET_ORIGIN

I don’t think I explicitly mentioned it but this assumes setting origin to bottom-left. Can you try that and retest?

Can you confirm reported position in LightBurn after homing?

1 Like

did this while testing - set back-right and then front-left - didn’t make a difference.

after your retest command i wanted to try it again. but lightburn couldn’t connect to the machine. candle without problems. then after about 5 restarts of software computer machine it finally reconnected. but as before anything in opposite direction and just half the way - with baclk-right and front-left set.

but this showed me that the machine connection implemented in lightburn (in contrast to candle) is apparently somewhat fragile (to put it kindly). so i thought i’d delete the machine completely from lightburn. then i disconnected the computer and machine completely from the power supply and after switching on lightburn let it search for the machine again and saved it with front-left. and then came the great lightburn miracle: it works.

now i have to see if it really runs in lightburn candle lasergrbl and ugs. i’ll get back to you. thanks for your solely factual and straightforward tips!

p.s. i marked your suggestion as a solution, because it seems to solve the problem for now. real solution would be if the programmers of lightburn could bring themselves to solve such adjustments not by settings of the firmware (which might then collide with other software) but by code in their own program. and maybe also some more robust code for the machine interface.

cheers
tom

after shutdown of machine and computer and testing it some hours later all the mess began again.
finally again via console: G10 L2 P1 X-380 Y-380
then ok again.

doesen’t the machine save the values? on @misken s website he stated it would?

It did at my tests. Maybe do another test by removing the USB cable and re-plug and then check again. grbl documentation also states that those values are stored in EEPROM. You can recall the values with the command $# (and delete them with $RST=#).

1 Like

I can confirm that normal implementations allow for these values to be saved. Certain implementations disable this, however. I believe typical Sculpfun implementations disable saving. It sounded like this was a custom compilation so make sure that things are configured correctly for the build.

1 Like

yep loaded the standard grbl 1.1h from github. the settings in config.h i altered were just from 3-axis to 2-axis and force set origin.

saw on your website you have a config.h for the s9 - but since there was no description what you changed i prfered to use the one from github.

On my site? There is a list of all changes I did: Firmware Update & Settings - Diode Laser Wiki Right below “Firmware for Sculpfun lasers” there is a box with a list of all parameters that I changed.

1 Like

aaah - that’s right. i had overlooked all the small light gray bars on your website with which you can expand the text areas. ok - i’ll have to take a closer look later at what you’re changing there. but at first glance i can’t see anything that changes the firmware’s memory behavior with regard to the g10 command etc.?

That’s right. I don’t think within the standard grbl configuration, there is anything hindering the EEPROM saving functionality. I think this should usually work all the time. But as common with such small microcontrollers, they tend to lose some settings once in a while, they are not as perfect as PCs with loads of error correction functions :slight_smile:

1 Like

never mind. now that i have discovered the somewhat very subtle gray pop-up text fields your page is definitely a nice source of information. especially because not like in most youtube videos about hobby lasers complete nonsense is told.

thanks for your effort to put it all together!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.