Bug when setting Z Offset other than 0 for engraving

Hello, I used lightburn for a few months now and I discovered a bug that I think it can be fixed in a future software version and that is bothering me and probably some other users.
This bug ruins the material if I set the Z Offset different than 0 and Fill shapes individually/ Fill groups together is selected.

Things to do to reproduce it:

1. Add a model that has multiple groups to be engraved and some cut line around the objects.
  2. In total I have two layers, one layer to engrave/fill which is the first one and the other layer is to cut/line, which is the last one.
  3. In the engrave layer set the Z Offset to -30 so it can engrave with a -30mm out of focus and either select Fill shapes individually or Fill groups together so it can have multiple different things to engrave.

When the laser starts it goes -30mm as set in the Z Offset, it engraves the first shape/group normally and then it goes back to Z offset = 0 instead of maintaining the same Z offset of -30 to engrave the second shape and it starts to cut the second shape that needed to be engraved instead. At that time I stopped the laser as it cuts with the engrave speed and is a risk of fire.

The workaround that I did is to group all the shapes/groups that needs to be engraved into one single group. But then if I have too many things to engrave and they are split accross the table it takes too much time for the travel moves and increases the working time significally.

Please fix this, I can send you a video if you dont know already about this issue.

I use a macbook pro 2017 and the laser is using ruida controller 6445g. The laser is connected with ethernet cable to the router and the computer is connected wireless to the router.

Let me know if you need any other information and thank you very much for creating such a wonderful software.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.