Business software

does Lightburn do a business version of the software?

No. What extra features are you looking for?

i was just checking guy on ebay selling saying new old stock from business as i think its a scam

Do you have a link?

it is on eBay UK here is link
LightBurn Laser 2024 Engraving Cutting Machine Gcode DSP Glavo Emblaser Software | eBay

Deceiving at best.

Hi.

AFAIK, no.

There are different purchasing plans (at least for GRBL), extra seats, educational, etc. but the software itself is the same.
For a given system (GRBL, DSP, etc.) that is.
I do not know whether there is a possibility to combine different system licenses, but I’m sure someone from the LB staff will educate us all about that when they see this thread.

I also do not know whether is possible to transfer the license or not.
If it is, it’s theoretically possible that the evilbay ad is legit.
The typos and the overall shadines of the ad text aren’t very promising though.

I for one wouldn’t go for anything like that unless the LB staff would shine a green light.

Regards,
Sam

:finland:

that is why i posted to see if i could get verification one way or another as to whether it is legit or not but i personally think its bogus

Hi.

Given the relatively large amount of such “offers” from all sorts of sellers, and the relatively few threads about them, I’d assume most people ask the LB staff (or the seller) directly.

Unless Evilbay has changed their policies drastically recently, the buyer is well protected though.
So, if the item/software/whatever is bogus, the buyer gets her/his money back.

Regards,
Sam

do you really expect the seller to tell you he is selling pirated software considering he is claiming it is genuine new old stock

Maybe @Rick or someone on staff could chime in.

Yeah, although nothing can be done as per eBay except report
I am unsure what the policy is on reselling licenses, but I can imagine what the policy is.

Also given the price of Lightburn i really wonder why one would risk it on a “Ebay special”

Hi.

Probably not, but that wasn’t my point.
Regardless of the item in question, any answer -or lack of it- usually provides valuable information on any online auction site.

:slight_smile:
I for one do not understand the fixation to claims of that nature, it’s just on the “seller notes”, probably has something to do with ebay policies.
Or nothing at all, just a fancy wording the seller wants to use for whatever reason.
No mention about it in the description though.

In any case:

This, times 1000.
And even if there’s no risk, still the question why would remain.
IMO anyway.

Can’t obviously speak for anyone else, but I do not think I’m paying for the ability to use the software, I’m paying for the continuing development and especially for the superb support.
Those alone are IMO very good reasons to buy directly from the developers, regardless of the software.

Regards,
Sam

Agreed 2000%
Although of course values/costs/Money are very, very relative to each own realities.

Thank you, this has been reported internally for further investigation. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What do you mean - it is used by businesses.

Looking into this offering further, it may have been an individual who was selling off their “business”. The listing was reported to EBay and the listing is no longer available.

2 Likes