Cam500 calibration problem

Good morning, I have a problem during camera calibration, I work in a MAC environment, after the first step where the value of 0.13 appears, the NEXT button seems blocked and does not allow me to go to the next step, making it impossible to continue the calibration. Do you have any solution? PS: when it asks me to choose the type of camera, it makes me choose only USB camera instead of sculpfun500 like in the various tutorials I’ve seen.

1 Like

Hi thanks for the reply, where can I download the drivers for MAC, I can’t find the page on the sculpfun site. I use lightburn software and my laser is a Sculpfun 10w

1 Like

Thank you for reporting this.

Please use a screen capture tool and share an image of what you see. I would like to be able to share what you’re seeing with the Dev team.

There is good advice on Screenshotting here:

If you’re willing, please also describe the physical camera connection to the Mac.

LightBurn has a Lens Calibration step to remove the fish-eye distortion from the image by using a known and controlled target. LightBurn then has an Alignment tool to overcome the trigonometric errors introduced by the position of the camera.

The Geometry is pretty robust. It’s usually communication or firmware or bumping the camera a very tiny amount. The 2 to 5 degree error would probably be
imperceptible near production

These are part of LightBurn and are not user-serviceable software modules. I did see some work being done on an upgrade to the LightBurn camera handling but… “I can’t say when it’ll be ready.”

People here were really excited about it.

I reviewed the instructions from Sculpfun and I don’t have a solution.

I would be open to the possibility that a firmware change took precedence over the CAM500 Naming convention and that the name may have been omitted in the firmware for whatever reason. I would also consider the possibility that flashing custom firmware to the camera may have been overlooked. We won’t know until we’re talking to it.

Macs seem to be uniquely prone to communication failures with conversion cables. I found that a Thunderbolt USB Hub addressed several communication concerns for me when testing. Whether it’s a fix or not is unknown without testing. I’d be inclined to say ‘The expensive hub is likely worth it.’ Is borrowing this type of hub an option?

To come back to @Jhon’s point, after looking at the Sculpfun docs (attached), I’m not optimistic that there’s a driver or a software update that could be of benefit to this process.

In the Web Camera instructions (linked), Sculpfun invited its customers to reach out. Maybe this isn’t their first time through this with a mac.

The QR Code gave us this URL:
https://qr61.cn/o5qfPp/qEseDF2

This URL links to this web version of the manual. They are inviting you to reach out to them.
https://h5.clewm.net/?url=qr61.cn%2Fo5qfPp%2FqEseDF2&hasredirect=1

Thanks!

1 Like

Grazie per le risposte, il problerma non è stato ancora risolto

Thanks for the replies, the problem has not been resolved yet

Feel free to work through and answer diagnostic questions at your convenience.

• Please use a screen capture tool and share an image of what you see
  • please also describe the physical camera connection to the Mac.
  • Are you using or can you borrow a Thunderbolt hub? (It worked for me.)
  • Have you reached out to Sculptfun? Did they offer anything constructive?

Was anyone able to find a solution to this please? I am using iMac desktop and Sculpfun Cam500 and it only shows as USB for me too - so I am missing some features. Here is a screen shot of what I am seeing (USB 3, I have a hub installed, however this is the same issue when connected directly to the computer)

Hi, I also work on Mac and only a generic name for the camera appears, but in any case everything works, the calibration is a bit complicated because sometimes the procedure seems to stop but in reality I noticed that by enlarging the window the procedure continued , solved this worked fine

1 Like