Camera alignment retention is poor?

One other thing I just thought of, did you 3d print your mount or buy the one from LB?

It is 3d printed and super glued to make damn sure it is rigid (it was but now there is no question). It is also super glued to the laser lid.

I found that my mount (which i bought from LB) was a tiny bit loose on the fit of the camera PCB. Even though the mount was absolutely solid the camera PCB could move within the mount. I added some thin foam padding which fixed that problem.

Ok, that’s something to look at. My camera board IS foam taped to the printed mount so maybe there is possible play there.

I’m not so concerned about this “jump” as I can deal with it if I can’t discover what’s wrong but the small 600x400 bed area that is also offset in Y is the problem that will keep me from using this feature. As you might have noticed, I am cutting disks in chamois leather that is rough edged, so if I could do an overlay with the hide I could maximize my cut leather. It doesn’t have to be super precise.

Only way I definitively eliminated that possibility was to remove the camera and mount the PCB in a bench vise. That told me very quickly that my image was not shifting because of camera hardware or software. Something was moving. Turned out it was the fit of the camera in the mount. I used some thin craft foam sandwiched between the PCB and the mount and eliminated my shifting.

I don’t know if changing the scale as I suggested will help or not but it’s certainly easy enough to try. I scaled it so my targets were about 2" in from the top and bottom of the bed. Didn’t seem to affect the accuracy any.

If there’s a consistent offset in Y that won’t be a problem because you can compensate for that in LB. If it’s random due to the image shifting or changes from the top to the bottom of the bed, that’s another story. I did see you were cutting something that appeared cloth like.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.