Camera and adjustable table/lift

So, it occurs to me that using a platform that raises and lowers (like a lab lift) will screw up using a Lightburn camera since the distance to the platform will vary.

But it also occurs to me that the camera would still remain a constant distance from the focal plane of the laser so it is still usable.

Is anyone using such a platform and a Lightburn camera that could provide some insight based on real world experience?

Many beds for lasers are lift tables, using screws at the four corners linked by a belt. The work piece is placed on the bed and any accessory spacing devices and the bed is placed, as you suggest, at the focal plane of the laser nozzle/lens assembly. This location is consistent to the camera location.

From my reading, I’ve noted that some lasers have a driven-Z mechanism. This does change the nozzle height and may have some impact on the camera view, but I suspect that it’s on the high-end machines and not as common on the home/hobbyist grade laser cutters.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.