Camera choice ..again

I know its been asked a lot, Im working backwards here… My bed us 1300, and the door is 900mm away , which using trig, gives me a camera angle of 70 degrees.

I cant find a multiplier, so i assume trig will work?

Would this camera work?

Many thanks

One potential issues with that camera you linked is that the camera may default to a lower resolution if used on a Windows based system. LightBurn’s camera has been factory set to default to the highest resolution, giving you better positioning accuracy.

Thanks, using on a mac…

Quick, online sheet to verify your settings!

According to this you’ll need a 120’ lens. My limited understanding is that the ‘lens factor’ is a way to simplify the math - but the Field of View should be the same as calculated as far as I understand it.

1 Like

I dont get how its 120 degrees, yet the trig works it out as 70?

anyone?

Show us your math (both the logic and actual) and we’ll see.

I measured the actual image presented from the camera for every camera/lens we sell - no math involved. The camera sensor doesn’t necessarily capture the full breadth of image from the lens, and the FOV is usually measured diagonally, not horizontally.

Heres my math

So 1300/2 = 650 , height is 900, gives an angle of 35

35 x 2 = 70

I am also looking for a camera for my laser. I guess that I need the 90 degree lens (out of stock) for my 400mm bedsize. Highest point for mounting camera is 700mm
Inputs anyone?

@Lightburn when will you get this lens in stock again?

Punched in the calculator above - With those dimensions, You could get away with the 60’ if you’d like. And it’s in stock!

I’m not saying your math is incorrect, I’m saying I put a measuring stick on the ground and actually measured the breadth of the camera view from a known height and computed the ratio, and did this for each camera we sell. If a 120 degree lens is used, but the sensor only covers the middle two thirds of it, you have an 80 degree view.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.