Camera cropping original image

Is there a specific reason that the image from the camera is cropped quite much? I can really see the cropping happening on the vertical side leaving about 6cm of work area uncovered? The full table size is present in the aligning process when I have to place the dotted paper to calibrate the camera but when I take the photo to use as a reference, it is smaller than the work area.

Thanks!

I understand what you mean… Mine also does it and it is quite annoying to not be able to see your whole bed area :confused:

Aaron - in your case it looks like it thinks that IS the size of your bed. The scale appears to be incorrect, so even if you could see the whole bed it would be wrong. Did you scale up the marker cut and then go back through it again without re-entering the correct scale?

Henri - can you show an image of your capture? There are a couple of different errors that appear to be common and I’m trying to sort out which are user error and which are actual bugs.

Aaron - in your case it looks like it thinks that IS the size of your bed. The scale appears to be incorrect, so even if you could see the whole bed it would be wrong. Did you scale up the marker cut and then go back through it again without re-entering the correct scale?

I am not sure what you mean by scaling anything up. I did not touch anything besides running through the setup. I zoomed into pic to mark centers and after that, this is how it stayed :confused:

I only changed my speed and power. :frowning:

Can you try centering the bed in the camera image a bit better? It shouldn’t matter, but it’s possible that it does.

The cam is mounted on the lid. Not much options to “center”. The lid looks a little tweaked as seen in the off tilt pic but I have worked on it and that seems to be the best I have got it so far :frowning:

Doesn’t seem to make a diff :confused:

Did you re-run the alignment when you moved the camera? (You have to)

yup. Multiple times :frowning:

Do you have any suggestions?

Not at the moment, no. I’m away from my hardware until Sunday, so I can’t do much until then. The best suggestion I have for now is to watch the walkthrough video, and mimic what I’ve done there as closely as possible.

No problem, was just wondering. I have done everything step by step so far so I am not sure what it could be… LOL

I’ll post it in a couple of weeks! Currently leaving for a vacation and have loads of work to get done before going on holiday. I’ll post it to this thread once I get back and have good time to do it. Thanks!