Camera for 55w Omtech

Hi so I just bought a new 55w Omtech Laser on ebay and I want to buy a camera for it before it gets here. It has a 400x600 bed size so I got on lightburn to see which one would fit it. Problem is I have no idea how high the camera mount will be from the laser bed. Does anyone else have this specific machine and can tell me what camera you got? Here is the link to the actual page I bought it so you can see if its yours: OMTech 55W 16"x24"40x60cm Ruida CO2 Laser Cutter Engraver Engraving Machine 758232258194 | eBay

Thanks!

Congrats on the great machineā€¦ Mine is a 50 watt China Blueā€¦

If youā€™re running lightburn you can go to ā€˜Help ā†’ Help Camera Selectionā€™ and get

Screenshot from 2021-11-25 16-52-21

Probably need to find someone who has a machine as you need the height to pick the best camera.

Good luck, Iā€™m sure youā€™ll have great fun.

:smiley_cat:

Hi thanks for the reply! yes I did go to the camera selection help tab but I dont know what my minimum mounting height is as I havent got the laser yet. Just wondering if anyone on the forum had this laser and could tell me the height from the bed to the camera mount

There probably is, hang in there, maybe someone with that machine will give you a clue.

Good luckā€¦ Nice machine.

1 Like

ā€¦ during the day :wink: when I have unpacked and hopefully everything goes well, I report back regarding the height for camera mounting.

2 Likes

All the way to the window edge there are approx. 650mm +/- 50

Thanks for the fast reply! Thats just what I needed! Do you have a camera on yours? From the camera selection help guide it looks like the 5mp-66 (camera sees 600X450mm, mounting height 577mm). I dont know if you have one but does this look right? Again thanks

I have a ā€œnot originalā€ on my K40 that I will test at some point on my new machine, otherwise I will probably buy a LightBurn camera if I find a way to import it without too much tax.
By the way, I have checked the height with the correct focus setting it is 620 mm from the workpiece to the bending of the cover screen. So I would argue that the camera should be mounted at about 610mm.
However, I have not yet decided which type to order.
Here in the forum is probably someone with the same machine who has gathered the necessary experience and who would like to share it.

can you share which camera you bought for the 55W, I am in the market to add to my 55W OMTECH

Thanks!

I was told by the lightburn staff to get the 5mp-66. I just got my laser and camera in the mail, setting it up right now. I will update you on how it goes :slight_smile:

Hey the camera I bought for my 55W works great. Very happy with the new laser and camera set up!

1 Like

Could you take a picture of your camera mounted in the lid, please

1 Like

2 Likes

Does the lid not stay up on itā€™s own?

No the lid on mine never seems to open to the same place. The wood ensures itā€™s always the exact same height

New one on me. Suspicious because of the brace. Mine sticks a little when I close it. I guess each machine has itā€™s own idiosyncrasies.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.