Camera installation - ChromeOS

Hello, I’m having issues setting up my camera in Lightburn as it’s not appearing in the “calibrate camera lens” section.

I’m using a Chromebook, launching Lightburn - Version 1.4.00 - via the Penguin terminal. The camera is the Sculpfun Cam500, recognized by the Chromebook and functioning as a normal webcam, but it doesn’t seem available in Lightburn through the terminal.
I’m not familiar with Linux at all.

Has anyone dealt with setting up a camera in Lightburn on a Chromebook yet?

We make no claims to functionality on Chromebooks.

Some of them ‘might’ work, but the ARM processors aren’t supported.

Which Linux version are you running?
Which processor does your Chromebook have?

Yes, I know that Chromebook are not supported. I use Lightburn in this Chromebook since several months and never had a problem - except for the camera issue.

Linux 11 / Bullseye
Intel Pentium CPU N4200 1.1GHz

When i connect the Sculpfun S9 with the Chromebook there is a pop up for a new USB device and the button “Connect with Linux” and only after this the laser is available in Lightburn.
When I connect the camera there is no pop up to connect with Linux, although I can use the camera in the Chromebook.

Ist there another possibilty to connect the camera to Linux without this pop up message?

From what I’ve seen USB cameras are not supported on Google’s official Linux on ChromeOS installation.

Is Google finally bringing camera access to Linux on ChromeOS (chromeunboxed.com)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.