Camera issue on MacOS

I’m experiencing the same issue on my Mac Mini. Lightburn will also become no responsive and crash. The only way I can get the camera to display an image is to open up the photo booth app.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Other than that, Lightburn is incredible and I’m thoroughly enjoying it! Thanks to everyone involved.

You might just have to click ‘None’ and then re-choose the camera. Some cameras take longer than others to start up, and when you first pick the laser, it will attempt to choose the last camera you used for it as well. The COM4 you’re choosing is for your laser, but then it’s re-choosing the camera when you do that too.

Your update overlay button is grayed out, and you also have the 8mp-N-120?

The issue I’m having is that I need to open Photobooth in order for my camera to display in Lightburn. The program also becomes unresponsive most times when I attempt to use the camera.

I also can’t for the life of me calibrate the lens, even though I’m getting < .60 on my scores. The image appears all skewed when it’s overlayed.

In case it helps, I’m using the 160 degree 5MP camera on a red and black laser.

Thank you.

You’re using a different camera, on a different OS, having different problems - it makes it more difficult for me to track things when you reply “I’m having the same issue” when they’re not the same, which is why I asked for details (and moved the thread).

How old is the Mac Mini?

You also said “I can’t use the camera” but you also haven’t been able to calibrate, which is most likely why you can’t use the camera - It has to be calibrated first.

We do have presets for the calibration in the latest versions of LightBurn, and if you can post a screen grab of what you see through the camera in the calibration window I can probably figure out what’s wrong from that - there are a few common mistakes that are relatively easy to spot.

The Mac Mini is a late 2012 model. It’s fully wiped with a fresh install of MacOS. At this point I can live with having to open up Photobooth to get the camera working, and while the crashes are annoying, I can also live with this. My main priority is to see if I can get the overlay / camera feature working as it’s the main reason I got my laser machine.

“You also said “I can’t use the camera” but you also haven’t been able to calibrate, which is most likely why you can’t use the camera - It has to be calibrated first.

We do have presets for the calibration in the latest versions of LightBurn, and if you can post a screen grab of what you see through the camera in the calibration window I can probably figure out what’s wrong from that - there are a few common mistakes that are relatively easy to spot.”

I’ve run the lens calibration wizard 5 times and while I’m getting great scores, I’m having no luck when it comes to getting a clear and undistorted image. I even tried the presets, no dice. I tried with the “fish eye” option and regular option, no luck.

What exactly can I share screenshots of? The camera and what it sees when I hold up the circle pattern?

Thank you.

Are you doing this assessment after you have completed the entire lens calibration process, or just after capturing the first or second image? The first image captured usually looks really bizarre because not enough correction data has been gathered yet. Usually by the 3rd image it looks mostly normal. After the first 5 captures, if the scores have been consistently good it will let you skip the last 4.

Any yes, I wanted you to capture a screen shot of what you see in the LightBurn UI when you take a capture of the dots pattern. I can usually tell from a single shot if you’re doing something it doesn’t like. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.