Camera LaserCam Mintion not recognized by lightburn

I open Lightburn, but my camera is not recognized.

Is the camera connected by cable directly to your laptop? It looks like there is a 2m USB-A to USB-C cable supplied so you can connect your laptop to a data port near the reset button on the camera. @Mintion_Jackie can probably clarify.

1 Like

Please ensure that the Lasercam has connected to computer/laptop by Type-C to USB cable. Right now, the video on LightBurn still need this cable.

If it’s been done, please let me know your computer system version? Is it Windows 7? If so, we will send you a drive to install. Usually, this USB drive is included in system, but if the system is below Windows 8, some computer won’t recognize and need to install a drive.

2 Likes

Hello Nicolas,

Yes my camera is connected to the laptop with the good cable and to the right connector on the camera.

I’m just still wait for the delivery of the creality laser cutter.

Is it possible the the camera is only recognized when the laser cutter is as well connected to the PC and driven by the software?

And my operating system is windows 10.

All those replies from are of course as well for you Jackie. Thks

Without a laser, you should still be able to select the camera, and even calibrate the lens, but not the alignment - so you will have very limited functionality.

Note: if you are currently using the “No Machine” device type you will need to switch away from that, preferably (for you) to a GRBL device which you can temporarily setup to roughly match the Falcon2 using “Create Manually”.

I’m still struggling with lightroom for which I’ve purchased the license hearing that’w a good software for my creality laser cut machine :(((

I’m patient but I get slowly upset…

Sorry to step in.

A couple of things to try:

• Check the firmware of your camera.
  • If the USB-C plug is laptop side try with a USB-C to USB-A adapter.
  • Confirm if you selected Ethernet during setup.