Camera loosing calibration and scaling paramter

We just installed the Lightburn camera 8mp W-85 on are open diode laser, I am not quite sure if its loosing the calibration and all the scaling parameters when we switch from one laser to the other or when the machine is turning off. But every day now it looses everything and we have to go through the whole process every time. We only have 1 camera installed and there is no camera view on any of the other lasers.

Switching between device profiles won’t cause the calibration/alignment parameters to be lost. If you are physically moving the camera between machines, you’ll need to re-run the alignment step (but not calibration) with each move.

If you’re not moving the camera between machines, but the camera overlay is becoming misaligned between uses, it means that the position of your camera relative to your workspace has changed from when you did your initial alignment. How are you mounting your camera? Make sure the camera is securely mounted with no wiggle.

If you switch to a thicker or thinner material and do not have an adjustable height bed (I’m not aware of any diode laser which has one), that can cause a misalignment, as the height between camera and workspace will have effectively changed. Make sure the laser itself hasn’t moved at all - sometimes engraving motion can jostle the entire laser.

You’ll need to address these issues, and then re-run your alignment.

Here are some resources on the camera alignment process. Please review them to make sure you completed your initial alignment properly.

This is not the issue. I used the loaded calibration that was suggested. The scaling and everything was working flawlessly. Next day all settings and calibration alignment was gone. Square box of 100x100 was 100 x100 in the image the next day the scaling was down to 56mm. had to redo the camera alignment process again to get the scale correct and do the final size correction.

Saved camera settings do not change arbitrarily. If you are using the Width, Height, or X and Y Shift values in the camera control window to fine tune placement and scale after completing the alignment, make sure you are clicking ‘Save’ so those values persist.

If you are not using those values, or are certain you’re clicking Save after adjusting them, but the scale and/or alignment is changing between uses, a change in the relative position of your camera and workspace is the only possible cause of the behavior you’re seeing.

The camera is fixed to a overhead mount that is not moveable. Not up not down not left or right. Thank you for your help. I found something from a while ago that I will try.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.