Camera on when computer on?

I just installed Lightburn Camera and it works GREAT. Question - I leave my computer on almost 24/7 - which means the camera is also on. Does this impact the life of the camera and does the camera stay on when Lightburn is not open?

Hi really happy to hear everything is working great.

I have a lot of experience with this type of camera and they literally last until we do something to them outside their normal operating parameters, so nothing to to cause concern there.

If the camera is powered, and it’s communications are connected, in your case through your computer it will remain a resource in much the same way your laptop camera is always available.

Hope this answer your questions :slightly_smiling_face::sunglasses:

Just of interest are you using Windows or another operating system ?

Regards

Gary

The camera is just like any other web camera, except it’s smart enough to work with lightburn. You could have the camera attached to your computer and not have a laser or the software. Using that as a reference, yes, when the computer is on, the camera is on. If you don’t have easy access to your USB port, you can add an extension cable to move the connection to a convenient location for easy separation. Ensure that you connect the camera before starting LightBurn, however, to avoid lack of recognition from the program.

Windows 10

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.