Camera overlay problem

Hello to you all

I’m new on this forum and having blue laser Vigotec VG-7 for some month now. I managed everything to get working ok (engravin pictures, etc …). I mounted logitech camera few day ago, but I have a problem, that camera overlay is showing in the middle of engraving area (look at picture). and I cannot shift more than -50 and that is not enough to move overlay to starting point lower right … Any ideas would be great.

Thanks!!

Capture.PNG|690x340

Hi. I can’t answer your question but another member saw your post and thought you might be able to help me. I posted yesterday that I am trying to get our new vigotec L7 to work with Lightburn. We are newbies to laser engravers. What did you do to get this software to work with the L7? Thank you for any help you could give us.

glad to help, send me your email, we will continue there

regards

I think problem is that I’m using 60 degree camera, when I should be using 80,90 degrees. I don’t see whole cutting area now thru it… Am I right?

kd5lri@yahoo.com
Thank you.

If the alignment process was done correctly, you should need no shift at all. Does this laser home properly when you start it? If the camera has a narrow view, you will only be able to use it on the middle of the bed with whatever it can see, but as long as your laser can home itself, it should work ok.

Yes alignment was done correctly. Laser doesnt home automaticly when I turn it on. 0,0 position is where I move it by hand but I always move it to bottom right position where 0,0 is set also in lightburn… and now I have to make square around overlay and place items to cut, then move all to 0,0 position to make it work.

And I looked again … overlay is exactly in the middle of work area (height 330mm x width 190mm) … any ideas why?

And camera “sees” first half of work area of laser with origin point …

hm… I think I figured out … My camera is only 640x480 resolution, that is problem, right? :slight_smile:

If you calibrated at a different resolution it would be a problem, yes. If you also did the alignment at 640x480, then it wouldn’t change the alignment, just the precision.

I did everything with same camera… so why is overlay in the middle of area? I guess it is not ment for such aspects (330x190)?

It will work that way, but it’s better if you rotate the camera so the wide part is along the longest axis of the laser, and then you can click this in the settings:

Finally I got solution :slight_smile: I bought a new camera 110 degrees and now everything is ok … sorry to bother you :slight_smile: Thanks again for very good software, keep up the good work!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.