Camera recomendations for larger bed, Development for stitching multiple cameras?

Good morning Folks, I hope your week is going well.

I have a homebuilt 30"x30" with diode and am using a trocen controller, and using the 160 degree (due to height mountingt about 20" or so) LB 5mp camera hard mounted directly above middle of bed at minimum height to allow full bed to show in camera. (see pict)

However using the 5 MP LB camera gives me mediochre at best results that I find are not really usable except for job positioning and other such tasks.

In the future I would like to have a full sheet bed laser (4ft x 8ft) and even though it is probably still a year in the future the camera is a relavent question now.

It seems to me that with an abundance of high Mega Pix cameras I should be able to get a 12-24 mega pix camera with some real nice peice of glass mounted on the end for pretty cheap. I mean I’d almost think of hard mounting a cheap burner phone for the purpose.

What I want is some camera options in the 160-180 degree range that will give me really great output for the full of my bed. I can’t imagine that upgrading to 8 MegaPix LB camera (not available in 160-180 degree) would be sufficient for the cause.

That said let’s talk budget and all those important details.
I’ll be honest and say I’d like to keep experimentation cheap however, if and only if I found a camera which was the answer to life, the universe and everything I would probably be willing to spend up to $200, perhaps more if I had option to return if not satisfied, etc. This would have to be a solution which could cover a full bed scenario.

I would appreciate any advice from others with larger beds on what camera options give really great results. Perhaps some picts would be nice too.

Many thanks,
Chet

Notes for the development team:
It seems to me that people with larger beds would benefit from the ability to “stitch together” multiple hard mounted cameras. Perhaps the methodology would be to define each camera (1,2,3,4,5,6) along with a segment in the overlay, thus creating a grid of cameras. Each camera in the segment would be callibrated in the normal way but obviously within the context of the borders of that segment grid boundery line. Once each segment camera is callibrated they can be linked in mapping to a seamless overlay. Segments that are not important to end user could be omitted.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.