Camera scale too small after calibration

After running the camera calibration process the scale of the overlay is way too small.

We have our camera mounted over a 48" x 36" light table that we use get accurate traces. After upgrading to a new PC and recalibrating the camera, the scale is no longer accurate even when width and height are increased to max in the camera control menu.

We are running LightBurn version 1.5.01 and using a BOSS VUE camera, although this issue was also present with a 8MP LightBurn camera. Not sure why this would be happening as we have had a camera mounted in the same spot that was able to be calibrated to scale

What’s the physical relationship of the light table to your laser? I can’t tell from the screenshot how this is situated.

The camera alignment step must be done with the camera rigidly mounted in a fixed orientation and position to the motion components of the machine and can never vary after that time. Did you run camera alignment under those circumstances?

I see my mistake now, because of the wording in the wizard I was under the impression alignment was only for when the camera is mounted over the laser bed. Problem solved!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.