Camera setup issues with Mac

Hey there. Thunder Nova 51/130 here running from an iMac desktop (Big Sur). Have been troubleshooting this for days now so I figured it was time to ask for some help. I’m trying to setup my Thundercam 4k-W120. I have an older Macbook Pro (laptop) also running Big Sur that picks up the camera and runs through the calibration fine, but my iMac desktop (Big Sur) will NOT preview the camera view and Lightburn crashes every time I attempt the calibration. I’ve tested both using the same USB cable and for the life of me cannot figure out why it works on the laptop but not the desktop.

Just fyi- I’m using a 25ft BlueRigger USB Extension Cable as recommended by Thunder. I know there are issues with usb traveling reliably at that length- but again… works with that usb to my laptop but not the desktop. I’ve also tried reinstalling Lightburn.

Would greatly appreciate any advice or assistance here. My ideal solution would be to run everything from my desktop. Thanks!Preformatted text
desktop screenshot-

laptop screenshot-

Can you try connecting the camera with a shorter high quality cable to see if the issue is isolated to the cable? That would help eliminate a bunch of variables.

It works on the laptop with a shorter cable… but the laptop also works with the longer cable too. I haven’t tried moving my desktop closer. Do you think that’s worth trying?

That seems like the single most obvious variable in this where you’re working on the extremes of ability. If you can establish that the camera works on the machine, then just a matter of sorting out the cabling.

There are a number of other instances on this forum where issues with cables and interference have directly caused camera issues.

Instead of moving the computer to the camera, can you move the camera to the computer?

Also, if you’re not already aware, if you’ve already done the calibration with the laptop you can export that calibration and import it into your desktop. Right-click on the Camera window.

ok so it ended up being much simpler! I just needed to give permissions to Lightburn to use the camera.

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 12.25.37 PM|598x500

Haha. Yeah. That would do it. Glad you got it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.