Camera Trigger on demand + mid job

(Kees) #1

Hi there. I’m running a customized ACRO Openbuilds with an Optlaser, on a Protoneer CNC Board. It’s been running smooth as a sail and with Lightburn to thank for that.

I’ve been wondering if there has been someone who has been experimenting with adding a camera for recording. I’ve attached a GoPro to the laser and succesfully shot some, altough I’d like to automate the process and I was wondering if there would be a way to initialize a record on a camera (Through LANC) from an arduino that is triggered once a pin goes to high (coolant for example). And if I could trigger that midway into a session.

Thanks!

(Blake Bartlett) #2

Could you just write a macro that you send from Lightburn at the right time?

(Kees) #3

Hey Blake, would you have any pointers where to start on this? I’d be interested to figure this out and share the result.

Thanks!

(Blake Bartlett) #4

I’m not really familiar with the gcode side of things, but if you go to console (window -> console), it gives you the option to type in gcode I think, and save it as a macro. I think you could just run the gcode to turn on your coolant, and have it start the camera like you were saying.

(Ray Kholodovsky) #5

Close.
You can type and send gCodes via console.
To program a macro, right click on that macro button. You will get a pop up dialog to name the macro and enter the gCode it will send.

(Kees) #6

How about automating that Gcode sending to trigger mid job based on some external parameter?