Camera Update Overlay No Longer Active since 1.4.03

Since the Update to 1.4.03 my Update Overlay has refused to work. I can see a Preview if I select the Camera or the Laptop Camera. However I can not get it to overlay any more. Windows 10. 64 bit.
If I select Trace, an Image appears and it traces. However the trace image just stays and I have to close Lightburn to get back to a clean workspace,

I have re booted and tried going back to 1.4.02 and no change. I have even tried to recalibrate as that seems to work, but NOPE. It will not update the Overlay.

have tried looking at backup pref files as per some earlier posts, but no luck.

I have lots of screen shots and a Support Ticket and Debug Files; ready to go.

I need Lightburn support (YES it is Licensed )

2023-11-14T14:00:00Z

LightBurnLog.1.4.03.txt (4.8 KB)
support.1.4.03.txt (6.7 KB)

We are here, and thanks for reporting this @comp. I see your Support Ticket as well. I have shared this information internally, and will be investigating further. Will update here as we learn. :slight_smile: Thank you.

Update: The system doesn’t think the camera has been aligned. Trace will work. Update Overlay will not in that state. Additionally, you can click the ‘Show’ button to turn off the overlay after it’s been updated (via trace).

Yep, Had a look at Preferences and ones going back a week or more when it was working. Can find Camera settings and Camera Matrix settings etc…Imported and even tried replacing the prefs.ini file.

Tried to do a re Cal on 1.4.03. failed.

Did a full uninstall and re loaded 1.4.00 and another camera Alignment and Calibration. Now seems to work; BUT I will stay with 1.4.00 am not going near 1.4.03.

Have exported and backed up as many settings as I can find.

My only thought was a reg setting or some other pointer that was corrupted and thus was not looking for the Camera Calibration details.

Can an option to Export and import camera settings be implemented OR at least the Registry or other setting that manages this?

The Debug Log for a Working System or a Not working system gives the same Log results…

10:52:50.315 D: “enumControls getProcParam 6 failed - Element not found.”
10:52:50.315 D: “enumControls getProcParam 8 failed - Element not found.”
10:52:50.315 D: “enumControls getProcParam 9 failed - Element not found.”
10:52:50.315 D: “enumControls getCamControl 10 failed - Element not found.”
10:52:50.315 D: “enumControls getCamControl 11 failed - Element not found.”
10:52:50.315 D: “enumControls getCamControl 12 failed - Element not found.”
10:52:50.315 D: “enumControls getCamControl 13 failed - Element not found.”
10:52:50.333 D: 10
10:52:50.427 D: “No preview index, falling back to video index\n”

In addition;
What I have noticed is that while some lbprefs files appear to be the same size, the contents are often very different and Camera info seems to be inconsistent; as best I can tell doing side by side reviews…

And while the Camera Calibration is easy enough - sort of. It does take a little time and nothing worse than re booting or starting the day and the Camera Overlay is not ACTIVE… Can find and display in the Camera Tab, but no Overlay… Surely there is a Software switch /key or option to Activate with backup Camera settings…

Still like the Software but this has happened a few times and is very frustrating.

Mark

Fully calibrated and working; BUT still warns about doing a calibration… Not sure I wish to close Lightburn and Re boot the PC… Fingers crossed …

Note: After re booting, it is all working and the Calibrate warning is no longer displayed in the preview Tab. Now where to find the trigger that generates this !!!

1 Like

A little tip, Right Click on the Camera Preview folder and you get the option to save Camera settings.

This will not solve all the issues, but at least a way to save and check any calibration changes.

There is still an issue as to what triggers the software to think the camera is not calibrated… I think I may have found something, but the Lightburn software people are the ones to be checking and reviewing what I have sent through.

Yes sir, we are evaluating. Thank you. In addition, the entire camera calibration and alignment is being reworked and will replace the current solution moving forward.

1 Like

Any hints as to by when ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.