Cameras and multiple instances / lasers running

I find that every now and again one of my lasers, the image will skew, and not have the correct saved offsets.
This was discussed before - wondering if anything has been done to make this work better, other than having to separately install multiple instances of lightburn on your computer?
John

I would like to send developer 2 screen shots to illustrate the issue. Due to customer privacy I cannot post this publicly.

I’d suggest making the images non-privacy issues and posting them here for us to review.

Not an option I’m afraid. Obliterating the engraving to post the image would defeat the purpose. Thanks though.

Ok - then if I had to guess, if it’s an intermittent problem with a specific laser that’s a gantry machine (runs on wheels/belts/bearings) I’d suspect that you have a lost motion issue. Something is causing the laser to stall and lose position. Typically this is a loose belt or belt pulley, or gunk stuck in the motion system. A through once-over cleaning, tightening of motion components, and lubrication is where I would start.

Given that this issue is entirely camera related, that’s not as helpful as one would hope. So I’ll add more information for clarification of my question/problem

• When one uses multiple instances of LB on a computer (3 windows, 3 lasers, 3 cameras) and each camera is fully calibrated through lightburn, then visually x/y adjusted by doing a test engraving - the you click “save settings”. The Calibration creates a “de-warp/de-skew” sort of data set some how (I suspect this to be true because it ‘squares up’ even if the camera is not installed perfectly, and adjusts for fisheye cameras too).

How is the ‘de-skew’ data saved, for the specific camera, after completing that camera’s calibration? How is the X/Y offsets saved, specific to that camera and ‘calibration data’?
The question is important because, on a couple of occasions lightburn has crashed, and when re-loaded, the ‘de-skewing’ data is corupted and the X/Y adjustment values are all wrong too…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.