Camo app Camera Calibration

I’m using a Mac with the Camo Webcam Studio and app and my iPhone SE as my camera.

I don’t understand why the calibration pics come out looking so different every time I have to try to “capture” again bc the previous didn’t come out right, even though I haven’t moved or altered anything.

I spent all day yesterday trying to calibrate waiting for almost an hour in between each calibration, to no avail. I have spent the last 4 hrs trying to calibrate only to get stuck on one of the corner pics and then accidentally closing the calibration window. Now I have to start all over.

I did manage to figure out that maximizing and minimizing the window actually shows the calibration, etc., rather than waiting an hour for it to “show itself”. But still there has to be a better way. If calibrating has to happen every time I close and open lightburn, and takes almost all day to do so, I’ll never get anything burned.

The pics are in focus when shown in the calibration pop-up, so why do they distort so much and differently every time?

Reinstall the app and try again.

I came here to mention this bug as well!

I’m also using a Mac (Macbook Pro) with Mac OS 10.14.6 running Lightburn 1.0.04
Whenever I try to calibrate the lens and I click “capture” or “next” nothing appears to happen!

I’ve never waited the full hour as reported by the other user, but I DID notice that if you grab a window border and click/drag to resize the calibration window (even slightly) it causes the window content to refresh or be redrawn or whatever (I’m not a programmer), and it instantly reports that it found the image and shows you your score.
This “stale window” condition also appears to happen whenever you click the “next” button. If you resize the window, it get’s redrawn, and the sample/instructional image changes to show you where the next calibration position is supposed to be.
If you don’t resize the window after “capture” - nothing appears to happen.
If you don’t resize the window after “next” - a large portion of the instructional image disappears and you can’t tell where you’re supposed to position the calibration card.

Additional info: It’s a Macbook Pro Late 2013, with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M graphics, and during the calibration I have it connected to (2x) External Asus 4K displays.

Thanks.

Are you basing everything you’re saying here on the first image you’ve captured for the lens calibration? The lens calibration uses up to 9 images to compute the distortion of the lens. After the first capture, you have exactly one sample, not nearly enough to compute the distortion, so the “un-warped” image you see will look completely bizarre, and this is normal.

The framework we use does appear to have weird issues on some versions of MacOS that behaves the way you’re describing, though I’ve not heard of it affecting the camera system before. Having said that, the visual feedback on the lens calibration isn’t really important - the score is really the only thing you need to pay attention to. If you get a good (low) score, you can move onto the next capture.

The most common issues with camera calibration (and solutions for them) are these:

If you follow those suggestions, and it’s still not working, reply here and we’ll try to help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.