Can I straighten a line that has circles on it that was copied along path

I have this line created in lightburn thats only a tool line with holes that I cut in this form, I would like to use the same holes on a straight connecting piece, how can I straighten this entire thing keeping the red hole lines where they are on the line? is this possible? TIA

I think you would be easier to start again.

If you just want circles, and the line is just for setup.

Create a circle the size you want, then use the array tool just on the X Axis, add as many circles and adjust the width between them to achieve what you want in seconds.

LA

Hi Neil, Yes it is what I did with this one, but its stitching holes, so need to be exactly the same, I did move some around to make it work better, so the connecting piece needs to have the exact same holes. That’s why I thought it would be better to just straighten these.

@johanbosman. if you share your file here, I’ll see what I can do with it. Is it only the holes on the corners have been moved? If I can do it I’ll try explain later.
Jim…

Hi Jim, please find attached. If you find a viable solution please do share it as I do these designs quite a bit and always spend way too long to get the exact holes on both pieces. Thank you.
Straighten.lbrn (46.3 KB)

@johanbosman, Take a look at this, I had to change it afew mm in places now all holes are at 5mm centers. if this will work for you I will show you the fastest way to do it later.
Straighten By Jim.lbrn2 (79.1 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.