Can I use LightBurn with a High-end Laser System like the EuroLaser XL1600?

Hi,

I’m a newbie here. I am using a German High-end Laser System EuroLaser XL1600:
Working area: 2,270 x 1,600 mm
Laser power: 60-600 Watt
Laser source: CO2 laser

The Software I’m using is the OptiScout software and I am having a horrible time trying to engrave on the machine. It’s not my favorite software. It looks like LightBurn is a much more inexpensive, intuitive and user friendly application to use. I tried using the Software but it wouldn’t recognize my machine that operates on a network.
Is this software only for Chinese made laser machines?
How do I find my device on the network using LightBurn?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advanced.

In order to support a given controller we need either physical access to a machine for an extended period, or help from the manufacturer. Chinese laser controllers can be purchased outside of a machine, and are relatively inexpensive. Brands like this one, using their own custom/proprietary hardware and software, are out of our price range.

I was hoping that wouldn’t be the case. From what I’ve seen so far, I feel LightBurn is far superior than the application I am using. Question: what would you suggest the settings should be for engraving on acrylic with a 600w capable laser?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Surface engraving, I assume? Is this a 600w glass tube CO2, or RF excited?

If it’s a glass tube, you might not actually be able to go low enough to do surface engraving - you generally want to go as low as you possibly can and just lightly mark the surface.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.