Can LB be run from external hard drive,

So I can use LB on my computer in the house and then take the H/D to the workshop to the laser, instead of installing a second copy of LB on the workshop computer…That make sense to some one smarter than me… Merlin…

It’s makes more sense to just instal another copy on your other computer, it won’t cost you anything.

There is probably no reason that I can think of that you cannot ‘install’ it on a removable disk. I’m not sure how you would actually tell it where the configuration files or other housekeeping files are kept.

If it’s a usb disk interface, it’s going to go at usb speeds… i.e. probably slowly.

I used remotely mounted drives when the my local network was up… This allowed sharing of all the library and configuration type files on a single drive from either computer…

Lightburn may have a procedure for loading it on a portable drive, but I haven’t seen it or tried to do it.

The most simple option is as @Ash suggests and is to run a separate install of Lightburn and deal with the issues that crop up from running on two machines…

Good luck

:smile_cat:

LightBurn activations are tied to your PC’s “fingerprint”, so even if you did install on a portable drive, you would likely need to activate both machines. It’s much easier to just install on two PC’s and transfer files via google drive/dropbox/usb drive. Your License key allows for 2 PC’s to run LightBurn and we’ll add a 3rd seat if you send us an email to Support@LightBurnSoftware.com with your License Key :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the replies…The main problem if you can call it that…is when I work on the house computer …oh hang on a minute I think I have found my problem the workshop computer is running an older version of LB…As I was going to say from the house computer files stored to a SD card taken to the workshop and used on that computer the file settings were sometimes a bit off and I had to reset them (time wasting). but will check later today when I install the latest on both computers…Oh bugger never mind brown stuff happens… :rofl: :exploding_head: cheers Merlin…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.