Can someone tell me what is going on here?

My name is kyle and I am in need of your advice and or help with my laser engraver. I have the atomstack S10 pro diode laser and I use lightburn 1.3.01 and the issue i am having is engraving, etching, and cut speed and power.it seems that If I turn the power to 80 or higher and run about 400 mm a minute I can get a good engraving. But under this and the engraving is very faint and or spotty. Now when it comes to cutting, I have to run 100mm/ min and 100 power and make 7-10 passes on 3mm wood. and even then, I dont always get a complete cut. Slate I have to run at 100/ 100 to get it to etch and when I try and do stainless steel with Dry Molly even at 100/ 100 I still only get a very faint etch. Can you please help me and trying to figure out what I am doing wrong? or if I maybe have a faulty laser? I just got this back on monday so I know theres still some learning to do with it.

Kyle, the first thing to try is to remove the laser head and clean the lens, just in case it is dirty from shipping/travel/etc. A cotton Q-tip with alcohol and see if it looks dirty. Second, make sure you’re at the correct focal height. If those are okay then I’d make some simple lines in Lightburn, setting each line to a different power setting, but at the same speed, and try on cardboard or scrap so you aren’t wasting supplies. I think your S10 has a 10-watt laser output, which should work fine at 40-60% power. if the lines don’t burn or cut I’d check with where you purchased it to see if the results are normal and suspect at that point you have a defective laser head. You should be able to engrave and cut at a faster speed and less power with a 10 watt laser for sure.

1 Like

Found the issue. My S Value was 255 and my $30 was 1000. I changed the S Value to 1000 to match my $30, and this baby came alive. basically i was running the laser at 25%

1 Like

Hola Kyle. Tengo exaxtamente el mismo problema que tu , me he comprado la Atomstack A s10 pro y con el programa gratuito LASER GRBL el laser me corta sin problema madera de 3mm al 80% de potencia y 500mm de velocidad con 3 pasadas, sin embargo con LIGTHBURN ni si quiera al 100% de potencia ha conseguido cortar la madera. Supongo que se me corregirá el problema cambiando la configuracion que tu has cambiado pero no consigo encontrar esos valores que comentas. Podrias detallar donde has cambiado el valor de 255 por 1000 ?

Hello Kyle. I have exactly the same problem as you, I bought the Atomstack A s10 pro and with the free LASER GRBL program the laser cuts 3mm wood without problem at 80% power and 500mm speed with 3 passes, however with LIGHTBURN neither even at 100% power it has managed to cut the wood. I suppose that the problem will be corrected by changing the configuration that you have changed but I cannot find those values ​​that you mention. Could you detail where you have changed the value of 255 by 1000?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.