Can you email lightburn files?

Hello,
my daughter and I both have Lightburn installed on our laptops (she doesn’t live with me). When she does a design on Lightburn and email’s it over, when I open it up in Lightburn it often ends up looking different.

I try to make sure that I have the same fonts downloaded but it still can end up looking different.

Any tips?

Thanks

if you use the same machine setup and same fonts there should be no difference in handling the lbrn files. I send my files that I generate with my Mac to my Linux computer by mail for production.

As a bit of ugly hack: is it possible to convert text to shapes (I do it because lightburn simply refused to open my SVG with text elements, I do conversion in Inkscape)

To avoid any modification of the file while sending, the easiest thing to do is to Zip on the sending end, unzip on the receiving end. There is also things like Dropbox and Google docs where you can actually access and use the very same file.

Why would you like to zip a LightBurn file? What is it that will change the contents of .lbrn while it is being sent as mail attachment?

I am asking because I use this approach on a daily basis and have never experienced a corrupt file.

I’m simply saying if you want to be sure an email program is not modifying a data file, zipping it up always works.

LightBurn project files are just XML, so yes, you can email them.

When you say things come out different, in what way? If you have different device origins set that can cause designs to flip when loaded, and the text will sometimes stay in the original orientation. (this part is fixed for the next release)

There are a few things to consider when transferring files between different computers to ensure they produce what you’d expect.

• Export your known-good Devices Profile and import to the other system(s) where you will want to share files

• Install same fonts on all systems where you will share files, or convert all text to paths prior to transfer.

Note: When sharing in mixed OS environment, keep in mind that macOS and Windows render fonts slightly differently, so this “still can end up looking different” isn’t completely unexpected. If you’re sharing files between OS’s, make sure the fonts are using the same source file, not just the same named font, as you’ll often get variations just from that.

• Copy your Materials Library (.CLB) and Art Library(.LBART) files to ensure you have all required assists available from all computers used for editing and running jobs.

Note: You could host the Library files on a shared/networked storage to help management of these assets.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.