Cannot apply mask to image

cannot aply mask to image, mask rectangle is on line and on a cut layer, please help

1 Like

cant convert to path, or ist it already a path?

Edit. Are both the picture and square selected?

Also is the square closed?

I had thought it needed to be a path…

:smile_cat:

yes both selected and yes squere is closed

Did you make the square via the tool or draw it? I just check it on my copy and it doesn’t have to be a path but it has to be a closed shape as @micrololin stated.

Deselect everything and do a ‘edit → select open shapes’

If it’s not a closed shape, it will be selected.

Only mask and image are to be selected.

:smile_cat:

first it was made in corel draw, but also tried to mask using the rectangle shape on a cut layer and also on a tool layer, same result apply mask is still grayed out

Attach the project file here, or email it support@lightburnsoftware.com. Easier that way - otherwise we’re just guessing.

cannot apply mask.lbrn2 (698.1 KB)
project attached
thanks

Ungroup the image, then select both. :slight_smile:

Ohh S**T, why it ended up grouped !!!
Lol, worked perfectly
Thanks

You may have the following ticked On (green) in the ‘Settings’ page (click ‘Gears’ icon near top-center). :slight_smile:

I have the same problem and have done everything suggested above. ie. ungroup, close mask area, check T-1 then right click. The ’ mask image " does not show up in the window below the " convert to Bitmap" line. It is also not listed in Tools or edit categories.
I then thought it was because I did not update software so downloaded update and tried to install but got window that said: Unable to execute file in temporary directory, setup aborted.
Error 5: Access is denied.
So I can’ update software either.

Is the vector you’ve chosen to use for the mask on a layer set to fill? If so, that won’t work - it has to be a line layer, or a tool layer.

It’s also necessary for the mask shape to be a closed, continuous shape, so if it’s not, that will also fail.

Oz, I imported a bitmap and after a mask shape and closed the shape I make that a T1 then right click and Ctrl-A to highlight all, then right click. The mask feature is not listed in the window nor is it listed in the tools or edit columns. As I mentioned above I cannot update the software (see note above). could this be the reason this feature does not work?

Check out this link for access denied.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.