Can't connect to Mr Carve M3

I did the software update without installing the COM driver.
Start LightBurn:

Waiting for connection…
OK
[VER:1.1f.20180715: ����������������������������������������� ���������������������]
[OPT:VMZ,35,254]
Target buffer size found
OK

Test cut / print was OK!

I used these settings…
GRBL_M3.lbset (5.4 KB)

sorry cannot upload any *.lbdev…
GRBL_M3.lbdev.txt (2.8 KB)
remove “.txt”

The name of the file threw me off. I get that it has M3 based on the “Mr Carve M3” but there’s a device type called GRBL-M3 that’s meant for legacy GRBL devices so did a double take. For the record it’s indeed standard GRBL, not GRBL-M3 device type defined in the file.

1 Like

“Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, lbrn, txt, lbset, lbrn2, csv, svg, dxf, markcfg7, markcfg0, lbcm).”

NO .lbdev

Add .txt as an extension and you’ll overcome this. Drawback is that people will need to rename.

got an answer:

Mr CarveCreator

Markus.Carls, I am sorry to see your message only now, please join Redirecting….

This community that has the latest M3 firmware update supports Lightburn. If you have any problem, you can contact LEI HU and he will solve it for you!

there is a new firmware link on Kickstarter

Google Drive Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gMrSD32bh0p6AekXLO-NDtj7CIgDKb8t/view?fbclid=IwAR037qx6rcR3S-8_4Yi8aj1YQkO3zsdmUIIx4-8VZHt3RpotgkDrmfn_vnI

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.