Can't connect to RUIDA 6442S via USB on Macbook Air M1 Mac Os X 11.4 (big Sur)

Hi,
i can’t detect my ruida system when i whant to connect with my Macbook Air M1 via usb-c.
It works perfectly fine with a PC with (same Cable) or a Macbook Pro with standard USB 2 port.
It works also perfectly fine while using a GRBL based Laser Cutter (same cable, so i think it’s not a cable problem) with macbook air M1.
Any idea how to fix that ?

Any help would be great !

I saw some posts about the Mac having issues with drivers. Have you checked them? You might search the site for a post on Macs not connecting.

Good luck :slight_smile:

I’ve already checked but nothing similar. But thx

I’m really not sure but i think it’s a usb-c or big sur problem…

Probably, but I’m also sure you’re not the only one with the issue:)

I understand USB-c is a different animal with more data paths. I didn’t think it was very standard now.

From another thread, starting here:

If you can, Ethernet is also an option with fewer communications issues.

When I first received my laser it was out of ‘range’ of any of my wired networks. Way too far away for a long cable thought the house. So I connected directly with my pc. I set the IP to something unique in my local network and set the lasers gateway to my computers IP. Connected right up… Kind of a kludge… but it was quick… :slight_smile:

I have since purchased $25 router that I’m using as a wireless bridge. So it’s on the network now even at distance.

Take care :slight_smile:

P.S. tried to answer a question here, but the resultant reply is questionable. I dropped his lightburn file back after the fix, but it isn’t showing up right. Might be confusing… Thanks.

Yes, completely. I am not sure what the context is here. :slight_smile:

Update Big Sur to 11.5.1 and thoroughly check the system for viruses, Avast and this guide will help you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.