Can't cut all the way through 3mm basswood (likely user error)

I’m guessing I am doing something wrong here. I have a Gweike Cloud 50 watt laser. From what I have read, the model I have (newest release) is more powerful then previous releases (which were good cutters). I import the outline of a shape into Lightburn as a png. I “traced” it into a vector. Even setting 100% power at a slow rate, it does not go all the way through 3mm basswood. The attached image shows the back of the cut. What could make it do this instead of cutting through? The results from 50% power and 100% power are identical leading me to believe it is doing this on purpose (as if it is not seeing a single dark line but a series of dark-light-dark-light). I’m guessing this is obvious to someone that knows what they are doing. Thanks!
IMG_1406

Do you possibly have perforation mode enabled in Cut Settings? I’m curious what the other cuts outside the line are. Are those intended?

The other cuts were from multiple attempts (the template was moved). I will check for that setting when I get home. It is possible that after a failed attempt, I tried that setting and didn’t remove it after it failed; then increased the power. I guess I will need to contact Gweike about the red-dot pointer. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I think you may not be focussed correctly, it’s a bit weird with the cloud.

I’ve assembled more info on this and everything else I know about the Gweike Cloud in a post here: