Can't enter 3 digit number Line interval

I will run lightburn for my custo mmachine runs with GRBL.
I need Line interval greater than 200mm but Cant write anything bigger than 99.9
Help

Just curious, why would you need that? Wouldn’t it just be easier to draw it on the page? 100mm is the max you can enter in the field.

Its a spraying machie and spraying can be done between 180-260mm with my setup.

Ahh, fair enough. Wouldn’t know how to increase that. I’m used to laser applications. :smiley:

Is that the size of the spray pattern?

Yes it is.

Okay. This may not work in the way that you expect in that case.

Let’s say you have a 100x101 mm rectange that you want to fill and set line interval to 100 mm to mimic a 100 mm spray pattern. Let’s assume the pattern is a vertical fan shape for the time being. The first line is likely to be at the top or bottom of the fill area and one other line at the other end of the rectangle.

Because of this, what you’ll end up having is a vertical painted area of 101 + 50 + 50 mm (original shape + half of spray height x 2).

Check out this mockup. The red outline represents the original defined shape.

Are you anticipating this or would you expect it to have a single spray path along the middle of the rectangle splitting the difference between the top and bottom?

Well single spray line is not a good idea for spray painting , spraying is not precise like laser so we are always over spraying at all directions.

Just wanted to make you aware of the potential issues. This will be exaggerated with a higher line interval.

Normally I would have expected only about 40-50mm of overlap between lines.

2 Likes

Oz offered up that you could,

“double the “steps per mm” value and then just put in half the required sizes and speeds in LB. That would work. (Or x10 steps per mm, and /10 everything - same idea). Hacky, but workable.”

Sneaky…

Good fodder for my butt pocket… :thinking:

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.