Can't find version older than expiry date of my license

Hi,

I am trying to activate Lightburn and according to the licensing portal, my license expired on August 30, 2019 so in order to successfully activate, I need to install a version that is older than that date.
Problem is, when I look up older versions on the Lightburn site, the oldest version 0.6.00 seems to have been released in 2020. Surely this can’t be right? How do I find the correct release date of the various versions?

Thanks

Check here:
News - Development updates and bug fixes – Page 7 – LightBurn Software

I’d suggest trying some releases later than the expiry date as crash bug releases may be backdated to allow for those to be installed by those affected.

Just a suggestion as well, it’s $30 to add a year of upgrades to your license, and you can install the latest version. There have been a TON of improvements and new features added in the last 4 years that really make LightBurn an even more amazing program than the 2019 version you have.

Please contact us at Support@LightBurnSoftware.com and provide a link to this thread and your License Key in the email. Thanks for being an early adopter!

I have already contacted support but they are not any help.
All they have done was provide me a link to download the trial version.

I have already paid for the full version which, according to your website, I should be able to keep using indefinitely unless I want the newest updates (which I don’t).

It’s completely false advertising to state on your website that you can keep using an old version once you’ve paid for it in full when this is obviousoly not the case at all.

In what way is this not working? Were you able to identify the eligible versions from the link that I listed previously?

I just read that thread in the Support Email channel.

They seemed pretty genuinely helpful from my perspective.

You may want to re-read the first paragraph of the email the Support team sent yesterday. It seems like a pretty thoughtful offer.

Are you not comfortable using the newer version, or am I missing something?

I’m not at all against using the latest version and thank you very much for the offer.
From my initial reading of that email, I thought I was being offered a 30 days trial version!
My sincere appologies. The support team were indeed very helpful to help me out like this.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No worries, we all get a little bit of tunnel vision when we’re chasing a goal.

I just wanted to reiterate, thank you for being an early adopter, welcome back.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.