Can't seem to trace an image and if I leave it as image it does not show up

I have an image I would like to burn onto a wooden coin for a friend … but I cannot see to get the head to show up as an image and if I try to trace it there are so many little lines the trace seems to miss even after I play with the sliders … Perhaps I am missing some other option? Maybe it is the color?

I would trace just the head first. Then without moving anything trace the image again doing just the words.

So … Great Minds Think Alike they tell me :slight_smile: I took just the head and tried to trace it and found it missing a ton of parts so I thought an Image would best represent the head as it is a LOGO for these guys and I did not want to take artistic liberties

Can you elaborate what you mean by this? What’s preventing you from burning as an image?

Share your .lbrn file if you’re willing and we can take a look.

Goofing off with just tracing the head and setting the lines to fill I don’t think it turned out too bad. I was using your small picture so if yours is better quality.

This is interesting…
I was just about to post a question about image trace.
I cant find how its done.
Is there a tutorial?

Edit,
I just found it.
Sorry about that.

The settings I used,
Ignore lines less than - 0
Smoothness - 0.00

Here is the file I am working with
Mississauga Logo Coin.lbrn2 (39.6 KB)

Thank You for taking a look

Right click on the image and select adjust image. Just selecting grayscale made the head pop up. If you leave it threshold mess with the gamma, contrast, and brightness settings. It will show you side by side viewing of the adjustments.

Thank You! I knew if I asked I might find a better way and the GAMMA / Contrast / Enhance work like a charm! THANK YOU!

1 Like

@bz6djs I had a chance to take a look at your LightBurn file. The reason why you’re not seeing the head in the preview is because your Image Mode on the layer is set to “Pass-Through” which I believe still relies on threshold values. Basically the head is not dark enough to be seen and so is not considered for engraving. You can change this by unselecting “Pass-Through” and changing the Image Mode. You can experiment with various types to get your desired outcome.

However, one thing I did notice is that the resolution of the image is extremely low. This will likely result in subpar output. If available, see if you can get a higher quality image. On the other hand, depending on what you’re engraving to it might look fine so you could just give it a shot.

Let us know how it turns out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.