Can't setup wifi with xTool-D1 & Lightburn (wifi works with LaserBox), Windows 10

I’m in a trial period with Lightburn and can’t get it to connect wirelessly to my new xTool-D1 which works fine wirelessly with LaserBox, the software that comes with the device. Firmware and software are updated. My PC is Windows 10. I’ve reviewed the manuals, videos, and tried everything without success. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

2 Likes

Wifi connections are essentially unsupported in LightBurn. The only exception is for LightBurn Bridge.

1 Like

Even the far less powerful software that came with the xTool D1, LaserBox, works with wifi. In this day and age, wifi has become essential. Hopefully wifi will be supported in an upcoming LightBurn update.
Thanks for the quick response.

2 Likes

I am in the same boat. Please Lightburn, please update your awesome software to include WIFI. In my case, I have an xTool D1 laser engraver, my first one. It would be so helpful and convenient if I could use WIFI instead of having to unplug my laptop and take it to where the laser engraver is. Thanks for your consideration.

1 Like

I was just about to suggest putting this up on the LightBurn.fider.io but it looks like you just did that. Wifi Please · LightBurn

Interested folks can go to the link and vote for that, and other cool new possible features.

1 Like

Piling on the please make lightburn connect to the X1 via wifi crowd. Laserbox software is a step below LaserGrbl

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.