Center alignment

I have zeroed the offset, read up on the issue but cannot seem to solve a problem of having laser engrave from center. I use “current position” and center my laser over center of the project. The laser then goes off center as per the picture I have included. The large circle in the picture should be centered on the black dot.

Thanks!

Are you referring to the Pointer Offset in Edit->Device Settings or is this something else. If you have disabled this are you using the blue diode laser to align the job?

If this is not the Pointer Offset and you are using the red crosshairs are you aligning the crosshairs to the black dot?

With Current Position set, are you using the middle job origin in the 9-dot selection?

Please include screenshots of Edit->Device Settings and a full screenshot of LightBurn.

Thanks for the rapid response. I am using the red crosshairs and aligning to the dot. I am using the middle dot in the 9 dot selection for current position. I do not recollect ever seeing the blue dot with pointer offset set to zero. Would this blue dot then be the center point of the laser?
Thanks so much!

I used Light Burn about a year ago and did not have centering issues. Things sat idle and just recently updated my license and fired the laser back up.

If you have disabled the pointer offset but still using the red crosshairs then this is likely the source of your issue.

Either re-enable the pointer offset and use the red crosshairs or keep the pointer offset off and use the blue diode. You can fire the laser by enabling “Fire button” in Edit->Device Settings. Then turn on the fire button in Move window.

1 Like

That fixed it! Thanks a million! One more question please. I always get a message that the engrave might be out of bounds. My work is not out of bounds. Is there a fix for this?

Do you keep any work off to the side of workspace?

That message will appear when the overscan area on either side of the engraving extends beyond the boundaries.

In increasing order of difficulty:

• Move the design closer to the center of the platform
  • Reduce the overscan distance
  • Reduce the scanning speed and the power
  • Increase the acceleration on that axis (if possible)

No work on the side of the workspace. And thanks for the reply!

Thanks will check it out and adjust.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.