Centering in lightburn

I have been using Lightburn about six months. Teaching myself for the most part using YouTube. I know I can draw a rectangle around my item and set to not print. But my option to center align is still gray. (I’m not sure if it is supposed to work on objects but when I am doing words it is gray) is it the version or can you use something to help center in lightburn. It is time consuming using mouse, coordinates and eyeballing. Thank you

Can you post a screen capture of the ‘doing words’ part which also shows the Layers tool? It will help us follow your line of reasoning. :slight_smile:

In order for some features to work, two (or more) objects have to be selected. In the case of alignment features, select the item you wish to move and shift-click on the item which will be used as a reference. If you don’t care about movement, drag a bounding box around both items.

Are you still in text mode (Red letter A)?
If you go into ‘Select’ mode (Arrow) This should allow alignment.

As mentioned, select all objects first, then select the align command.

-A

Thanks Fred.u
" select the item you wish to move and shift-click on the item which will be used as a reference."
I hadn’t realised the ‘shift-click’ to keep one static/ as reference!

You might find the the alignment works many times without putting a ‘rectangle’ around the objects.

Try it and you will be amazed how easy it is to do things in Lightburn.

Take care, good luck

:smiley_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.