Centering text object within frame

Laser - Ortur LM2
LB version - 1.0.04 (trial)
Computer - Lenovo Legion/Win10

I have created a frame and then a text object on a different layer within that frame. I want to quickly center the text object within the frame. I watched a video that did that by selecting the object and then pressing the keyboard “C” key. This does not work for me. Neither does the “Align … hoizontally” button at the top. I’m stumped.

You need to select the text object, then with ‘shift’ pressed select the frame, then press the ‘target’ (align both horizontal and vertical centres) tool on the top tool bar.
There is probably a quicker way to do it though

In the workspace Edit window, the ‘C’ key should work to align the selected objects along their vertical centerlines. Tips and Tricks - LightBurn Software Documentation

• C - Align the selected objects along their vertical centerlines
  • E - Align the selected objects along their horizontal centerlines

These are worth review to help, Hotkeys - LightBurn Software Documentation

But they don’t. If I do the following…
Create a new project
Create a frame
Create text within the frame
Select the text object

…then neither C nor E nor any of the toolbar alignment buttons do anything. It seems to me that one of the following must be true:

There is a setting that I have missed
I am doing something wrong
My copy of LB is defective

Whatever the problem, I need this fixed, as I spend most of my time manually centering things, and this is a total and unnecessary waste of time. I hope you can help. Thanks.

But exactly what you do?
You have to select the text, press shift key and click on the frame, now you can press C and E to center text into frame.

1 Like

Sorry, but I didn’t see any notification of your reply. Here’s what I did…

Finally! That worked. Just a matter of the correct sequence. I was hoping it was that simple. Thank you for your help.

Your welcome :wink:

We provide documentation that may assist. All of it is worth review, not a supper long read. I might suggest starting here: :slight_smile: Redirecting...

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.